Monday, 20 June 2011

Posters

Here are a selection of posters which, do not necesscarily go with my issue, but i like the composition, colours and layout and they will inspire me on how I could possibly create my final poster piece.



I really like this poster as a graphic image, how they have reduced it to bitmap looks more interesting than if they had just left it plain. The simple colours work well, and the size of the image is perfect as it grabs the viewers attention. My only criticism, is that if this were to be a large scale poster then it wouldn't be so good, as from a distance because the text it pixelated, it is not the clearest thing to read, that and the colours merge with the image.



Yet another simple image. The designer has cleverly incorporated the shapes of the mountains, by adding simplistic images of triangles to the picture. I love the combination of the black and white photograph, mixed with these futuristic graphic shapes. The downside to the image however, is the small size of the text. If the image were to have a larger text however, I feel it may ruin the overall look.



The composition in this image is spot on as the lettering is not just focused in the center, they have alligned them left and right and filled the whole space cleverly. The use of 3-d letters and shapes combined is really nice and something I wish to incorporate into my own work. The shapes almost look like letters themselves.



I feel this poster relates to my topic of aesthetics and body image as it is almost as if the person saying these words is stereotyping whoever the receiver is. The use of the bold font lets the viewer know who this person is saying these words to, and brings the focus more on those words. Using a combination of italic, underlined and bold words in a graphic image is something I may try to incorporate.



I really like the colours and simple text used in this image. It looks like a magazine article from the layout. I like how they have only stuck to two fonts, as sometimes using more overcomplicates things. The variation of font sizes grabs the readers attention, and differentiate the title from the text. My only criticism is that it could start to look more like a poster than a magazine article due to the size of the image in the center.



No comments:

Post a Comment